Sunday, March 4, 2012

Little Girl Dress Into Big Girl Apron

Hi Everyone!  Time has certainly passed while hubby and I work on our house.  I'll post progress photos at a later date.  My project today is the transformation of a little girl's sundress into a big girl's apron.  I picked up three pretty dresses at a tag sale and worked on this one since I don't know any little girl this size who could wear it.


 I took off the top of the dress to use as the pocket by reversing it, using the top as the bottom, and ending up with an almost finished pocket.  I reused the ties.  This was fun and used up almost every bit of fabric from the dress.
Top Of Dress Equals New Pocket
I turned the waistband under and hand sewed a finished edge.  The beauty of this is that the apron strings are already in place!!  So easy!!

New Apron
I moved a little flower from the dress front and pinned it to the pocket. Sorry the flower doesn't show better.  (My camera battery is now dead.)  Lady Jane,  my new dress form, is modeling.  The new apron didn't fit Daisy properly for a photo shoot, haha, and I was holding the camera.  It does fit me perfectly.