Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Yes, the laws of attraction work!!

I've been a big fan of  missmustardseed.blogspot.com for months.  Yes, join the crowd, I know.  She's such a  talented woman with loads of energy.  I read her blog and think, "I need to take a nap!!"

I saw her dining room set on her blog and fell in love with it instantly.  It became part of my screensaver, I read her blog about it, and dreamed about it as an inspiration for me to become brave enough to redo a set when I found a bargain.  I hemmed and hawed about picking up a dining room set (with two broken chairs), my husband supported me, but I held back and told the shop owner I would let her know the next day.  It didn't feel right and was an enormous project.

Three hours later, I was home, checked Miss Mustard Seed's blog and she had just announced she decided to sell her beautiful table and chairs!!!  Oh, the joy, the excitement!!  After emailing her AND being the first to contact her, they were mine!!  Sometimes, things were meant to be!!!!

We picked them up at the Luckett's Fair.  What an event!!  Make plans to go next year and visit her booth.  Beautiful stuff!!  





The furniture is now tucked away until our house is finished.  I keep peeking under the blankets to make sure they're still there.  I still can't believe THAT dining room set is mine!!  What a rush!!!  It was on the cover of a magazine.  Look at these great photos!!!

17 comments:

  1. I am so happy for you that you got that dinig set!! I was wondering who would be the luck person, and I'm sure you're just going to LOVE it!

    Now following you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello I saw you left a comment on Miss mustard seed.
    Your name Down the lane with Daisy caught my eye as I have a black pug named Daisy :)
    I had to check you out LOL:))
    Your a new blog and I would love to be a follower and see what you come up with .
    I can't find anywhere to follow by email ?
    dwmarks33@comcast.net
    Congrats on your dinning room set Lucky you :)
    Enjoy ,
    Diane

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness... COLOR ME JEALOUS!!! I would have loved to get that awesome set! That is awesome. Thanks for visiting my blog:) I am following and looking forward to seeing your creations.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, what a beautiful dinner table and chairs...How exciting that you got it.

    Just wanted to stop by and say hello...Oh, and I see you are new to blogging..."Welcome" It is so much fun and I know you will enjoy it very much. Hope you come and visit again soon.

    By the way, love the lamp/planter idea. Great transformations and awesome way to re-purpose. And the quilt is turning out beautifully...Have a wonderful new week.

    Hugs and Kisses,
    ♥Ana

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lucky girl! This is an amazing dining room set! I think we all are a little bit jealous! It is lovely! Great find!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh you are one of the luckiest women ever!!!!!!!!! I love MMS too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my goodness you lucky girl! Where are the pictures of the gorgeousness in your house??

    ReplyDelete
  8. How wonderful for you! I am sure you are enjoyinf it! Hope you are having a great weekend!...hugs...Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous!! How lucky you were, not many people can say they a have famous dining room set!!LOL I can see why you would check under the sheets!!

    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh that is a beautiful set, yep it was meant to be, that you were able to pick it up! You will have to show us it in your new house!

    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm so sorry you could not make it to the dress form ball, but, yes I am going to make it an annual party! So, by next year your house should be finished and you will be able to attend the ball YEA!

    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  12. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  13. oh my goodness! I love her blog too-- great design
    I can't believe you have the set now.. I bet it looks great!


    xo Jessica
    www.newlyloved.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Miss Mustard Seed is who got me into blogging. I LOVE her. Great projects and designs. You are one lucky woman. BTW, I am your newest follower. Please share how the set turned out in your remodel.

    ReplyDelete
  15. OMG! You are one lucky lady! The set is gorgeous and FAMOUS! I would be over the moon about this.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow! I have always loved that dining room set. You are so lucky! She is so talented! I have always admired her!

    blessings,
    karianne

    ReplyDelete
  17. So you're the one!! Lucky gal! Marian is a lovely person! I am one of her paint vendors and working with her has been such a great experience! I love her style and hers was the first blog I found and her furniture party was the first one I ever joined!
    Thanks for visiting my blog!

    ReplyDelete